Gaspereau Vineyards is a boutique winery located within the Gaspereau Valley. We are only 3 kms from the town of Wolfville, NS. We are a passionate team of wine enthusiasts committed to our customers & committed to growing the local wine industry.
Position: Chef/Kitchen Supervisor
Place: Gaspereau Vineyards
Wage Rate: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: Full time & part time, during peak season, May-October. Must be flexible to work weekends & some evenings.
Reports to: Retail Manager
The Chef/Kitchen Supervisor is primarily responsible to ensure that guests have a positive experience. They provide guests with carefully prepared, delicious light fare and meals to accompany our award-winning wines. This position is for the creative and diligent culinary professional, overseeing the output of great food, managing the kitchen operations and interacting with the service and retail team to bring the excellent level of care and service we are known for.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and maintain a clean kitchen, storage areas and oversee all areas of food preparation and quality.
- Able to multi-task, take on many interactive parts of a typical kitchen and oversee an efficient preparation line.
- Assist with menu creation, costing, sourcing and train team in execution of delivering quality plates per recipes/specs. Pairing plates with applicable wines is a key element.
- Perform opening/closing duties following procedures and checklists.
- Follow Safe Handling for Food Service guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Be proactive in decision making.
- Ability to work as part of a team & display interpersonal skills, while being responsible for team players, their needs and output.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be of legal age.
- Previous culinary, food & beverage experience required. Food Handlers certification is required.
- First Aid/ WHIMIS/ other pertinent certifications are an asset.
Interested applicants may apply to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject title of Cook/Kitchen Supervisor